We are keen to meet with you to understand and serve all your needs as your trusted advisor.
Adrian Li is the Principal of the Firm, who has over 10 years of experience as a legal practitioner in Hong Kong. Adrian is uniquely positioned to act as your full-service advisor and his knowledge, experience and expertise lie at the intersection between law, business, entrepreneurship and finance.
Adrian trained and worked at leading international firms, Clifford Chance and Davis Polk & Wardwell, where he acted for banks, sponsors, hedge funds, corporates and executives on a range of corporate and commercial matters and financing transactions, as well as disputes, SFC regulatory, and white-collar criminal investigations.
Adrian Li is also a multi-disciplinary lawyer with a focus on helping clients achieve their corporate and individual objectives while managing legal and regulatory risks. He strives to provide all his clients with clear and timely practical advice.
Beyond the law, Adrian’s passion also lies in venture capital and private equity investing. He has invested in innovative and impactful early-stage ventures with the potential to change the world and improve equality. He is Managing Partner of a private fund.
Adrian Li is also a Civil Celebrant of Marriages under section 5A of the Marriage Ordinance (Cap. 181).
Representative clients and matters include advising:
- Issuers and underwriters in both public and private debt and equity transactions, including initial public offerings.
- Corporates in respect of mergers and acquisitions, including share and asset transactions
- International bulge bracket banks, state-owned banks and corporate borrowers on cross-border banking transactions, including acquisition financing, pre-IPO financing and export/import financing
- Buy-side clients in negotiating derivatives trading documentation and with respect to regulatory developments affecting the derivatives markets
- Investment managers and advisers on regulatory and compliance matters
- International/private banks, IPO sponsors, broker-dealers, corporations and individuals on a range of regulatory investigations led by the Securities and Futures Commission and Hong Kong Monetary Authority, including insider dealing and market manipulation, etc.
Solicitor, High Court of Hong Kong, 2011
Licensed Representative, Securities and Futures Commission, 2014 (non-practicing)
Civil Celebrant of Marriages, 2021
Clifford Chance, 2009-2013
Davis Polk & Wardwell, 2015-2017
First Asia Finance Group Limited, 2017-2021
Adrian Li & Co., Solicitors, 2021-present
LLB (Hons.) King’s College London, 2008
(Kingsley Napley Prize Winner)
AKC, King’s College London, 2008
PCLL, University of Hong Kong, 2009
MSc in Global Finance, HKUST Business School & NYU Stern School of Business, 2014
Private Wealth Management, The University of Chicago Booth School of Business, 2018
MSt in Entrepreneurship, University of Cambridge (King’s College), 2021
Adrian is fluent in English, Cantonese and Mandarin.
Mia Kot is a Consultant at the Firm and specialises in general corporate and commercial law.
Mia trained and worked at leading international firms, Zhong Lun Law Firm and Morgan, Lewis & Bockius, where she acted for private and public companies, banks, sponsors, hedge funds, families, and high net worth individuals on a range of corporate and commercial matters, including drafting corporate documents and agreements, mergers and acquisitions transactions, banking and financing documents, as well as IPOs and regulatory and compliance matters.
Mia's representative clients and matters include:
- Multinational companies and state-owned companies on general corporate and commercial matters, including mergers and acquisition and joint venture transactions
- Publicly listed companies in their regulatory and compliance matters
- Issuers and sponsors in initial public offerings on HKEx's Main Board and GEM
- International banks, state-owned banks and corporate borrowers on banking transactions
- High net worth individuals and individual clients on their family, wills and succession planning
Solicitor, High Court of Hong Kong, 2019
Zhong Lun Law Firm, 2017-2020
Morgan, Lewis & Bockius, 2021-2022
LLB (Hons.), City University of Hong Kong, 2016
PCLL, City University of Hong Kong, 2017
LLM, Columbia University in the City of New York, 2021 (Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar)
Mia is fluent in English, Cantonese and Mandarin.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Stay up-to-date with our recent legal insights.